Sunday, November 14th, 2021
Happy snowy Sunday families!
It sure looks like winter has arrived!
1. Please make sure your children are dressed for the cold weather with boots, a jacket, snow pants, mitts and hats. It would be VERY helpful if your child’s belongings were labeled, and so we can avoid lost and found items. I have many extra brand-new winter jackets at school – I would like to give some away to any student that would like a new jacket, or simply to have as an extra. Please connect with me to see about a jacket for your child.
2. Early Dismissal Days – Wednesday, November 17th and Thursday, November 18th. Your child will be learning though recess and lunch (with movement breaks) and dismissing at 12:30pm. If you wish, you are welcome to send your child with food and their teacher will be offering eating times during instructional learning. Pick up on Wednesday and Thursday this week is 12:30pm.
Your child’s teacher has messaged each family the upcoming schedule/sign up for parent/teacher meetings. I am hoping EVERY family will connect with the teacher as this meeting gives a rich opportunity to connect and discuss your child’s progress and allows you to ask questions and be a part of the goal planning for your child’s learning.
3.The November PAC meeting is on Wednesday, November 17th at 6:30pm. You can choose to attend in person in the Rosemont Library or via Zoom. https://sd8.zoom.us/j/63736500387. The September & October minutes are attached, along with November’s agenda.
4. PURDY’S Christmas fundraiser is underway! Don’t forget to order your holiday treats! https://fundraising.purdys.com/968757-89921 – Orders must be placed, and payment completed by November 27th.
5. MASKS – please make sure your child is coming to school with at least 2 masks every day.
6. Continue to do the daily health check on your child each day. If your child is feeling unwell, please keep them at home until they are feeling better. Regardless of COVID, we need to keep the school a healthy place to be!
7. Head to our Rosemont School website for a few pictures of our beautiful Rosemont School Remembrance Day ceremony. https://rosemont.sd8.bc.ca/
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email, phone, text or on the school playground before/after school with any questions or concerns, or just to chat! J
Have a great week,