Sunday, October 3rd, 2021
I hope you are all able to get outside and enjoy some fresh Fall air this weekend!
A few items for the upcoming week:
- HUGE thanks to Rosemont parent Melissa Etchison who has extensively volunteered her time with our school garden this year. Melissa will be working with each class on Monday to 'put the gardens to bed for the winter', while teaching the students about horticulture.
- Each class will be part of a BEAR AWARE workshop/presentation this week from local expert Rosie Wijenberg, Nelson Community Coordinator for WildSafeBC.
- Individual student Picture Day – Tuesday, October 5th
- Hold and Secure and Lockdown drills will be happening on Wednesday, October 6th at 9:30am. Please see my attached letter.
- As I share each week, PLEASE do not send your child to school if they are sick. Continue to do the health assessment each and every morning. Even if their symptoms are not listed in the daily health check (runny nose, sneezing, etc) it is still extremely important that illness symptoms stay out of the school, so we can all continue to have healthy immune systems.
- K-5 – Please make sure your child has a mask to wear at school. I have a few disposable masks, but ideally each student should have two of their own in their backpack.
- Thanksgiving Statutory holiday – Monday, October 11th – no school
Have a great week!