Thursday, September 1st, 2022
Hello Rosemont families,
I hope you have all had a wonderful summer break. I am very excited to welcome the students back to school on Tuesday! I sure have missed your children! For our new families joining us, I know you will love being a part of the “Rosemont School family” J
A few pieces of important information:
- Tuesday, September 6th is a half – day for all schools. Dismissal at Rosemont is 11:30am.
- On Tuesday, students line up in their previous class lines. They spend the day (and potentially longer) with their previous teacher while we confirm and set classes. We are hopeful to have classes set by Wednesday or Thursday. Students line up in their last year line until placed in their new class.
- New families – please find me (Mrs. MacKay) on the first morning and I will show you where your child will line up.
- Wednesday, September 7th and onward are full days.
- Kindergarten families – please refer to the gradual entry schedule and recent emails for your kiddo’s plan for the first few weeks of school.
- Rosemont School will be a NUT FREE school this year – please do NOT send nut products with your child to school.
- Our bell schedule this year is:
8:30am – school begins
10:10-10:30 – recess
12:00-12:42 – lunch and playtime
2:30 – dismissal (changed from 2:35 last year)
- School supervision starts at 8:15am. You are welcome drop off or have your child arrive to school 8:15am or later.
- After school supervision ends at 2:45pm. If your child is walking home, we will send them on their way to check-in at home at 2:45pm. They are welcome to return to play on the school grounds if that is the family plan. Of course, kids getting picked up or KidzKlub kids are welcome to play, as they are supervised by caregivers or KidzKlub staff.
- Please be mindful of the no-parking zone on Crease Avenue (yellow curb). Park in an appropriate spot to ensure safe traffic patterns for our students.
- All students getting picked up must wait for caregivers behind the orange gate. Students are not permitted to meet rides in the front of the school – as this is not safe.
- School supplies are provided by the school. Please pay $40 per child as soon as possible to Laureen or via our school website with a credit card.
- Tuesday, September 13th – the whole school (new Kindies included) will be travelling to Kokanee Park for the full day. Please watch for a field trip form coming home the first week of school.
- I am attaching the 2022-23 school calendar – please be mindful of non-instructional days for students. In September, we have Planning Day on Sept 23rd (day for school goal and learning planning for the upcoming school year) and Sept. 30th is Day of Truth and Reconciliation. No school on those Fridays.
- Please reach out if you have any questions via email, the school (250)352-3182, my cell phone for calls or texts (250)509-2050 or come find me at school!
I am looking forward to working together this school year. Have a wonderful last weekend of summer!